Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ye haw! Last weekend catch-up...

Okay, I've fallen behind on my blogging. Catch-up time!

Last weekend we went with our good friends to a little place called Kamas, Utah for the annual rodeo. My friend is from Kamas, and they thought it would be fun to take all the kids down this past Friday. They were doing free kiddie-games, a little fair, and the rodeo that night. We thought it sounded fun, and Dennis was all excited because he'd never been to a rodeo before. What kind of Southern Boy did I marry, anyway?

We drove down to Kamas, and then met our friends for dinner at the...drug store. It may sound funny, but their little drug store has a cafe in it, and man that was some GOOD food. It's been family-owned forever and it was almost like stepping back in time. You can't get customer service like that anymore.

I loved it out there. It reminded me of my younger years spending time in Parowan with my mom's parents. I just love that small-town feeling. Everyone was so nice and polite.

We then went on to the kids booths, which the kids really loved. Hayden was laying there in her stroller as good and can be, and I was thinking this would be a fun night for us all! After we'd visited all the little booths and the girls had bags full of little trinkets and goodies, we went in to the rodeo.

Almost immediately Hayden was fussing...and fussing....and FUSSING. I thought maybe she was hungry, and as I started to feed her she threw up everywhere. It was not like a little baby spitting up, it had to be every bit of milk she'd had all day. It was all over her, all over my shorts, on the bleachers we were sitting on, and when I looked down it was dripping through the metal grating on the bleachers onto the dirt far below. I hope no one was passing below us at just the right moment! Ewwww.

So I stumbled back down the bleachers with her, walked to our car and tried to clean us up and calm her down. Every time I even attempted to go back into the rodeo, she started fussing again. I finally watched from the side-lines for a bit and she eventually took a little 30 minute nap so I got to sit with my family for a while and watch some of it. At that point I think my stress level was high enough that it wasn't as fun as it could have been, but I DID enjoy watching the rest of the my girls and Dennis watching all the action.

After the rodeo we all bought fry bread (ooohhhh, so delicious) and cotton candy. Good food always cheers me up. :) Around 10:00 they had a fireworks show, which was surprisingly good for such a little place. The girls loved it. Here they are watching the fireworks...



All of the girls fell asleep on the way home, thank goodness. It was an adventure. I'm not sure I had tons of fun, but I think the girls and Dennis had a good time and I'm always up for getting out of the house and doing something different! I guess Hayden's allowed to be a normal, fussy baby every once in a while! I'm just so used to her being a little angel I didn't know what to do when she wasn't feeling well. Poor thing.

Anyway, we were so glad that our friends invited us. Kaiya, Emmie, Claire, and Dennis all got to experience their first rodeo. Ever since, Claire dances around the house waving an imaginary hat around and saying, "Ye haw!"

1 comment:

amanda said...

Oh my goodness--a real live rodeo?! How cool. They don't have those out here :) I've got to come visit. Look at what you can teach me!

xoxo, A