
The Twilight series is officially over, and I'm sad to see it end. After taking Dennis and the kids to the dentist yesterday morning, I came back home, put my pajamas back on, (yea, I know, pathetic) and read all day. I pretty much set food out for the kids periodically and tried to make myself invisible.
By the time Dennis got home I was on page 500-something, which meant I had about 250 pages left to go. He knows how much I've been dying for some "me" time lately, and so he offered to take the kids out to eat dinner and leave me alone reading at the house. I've never loved him more. :) It was wonderful.
Ironically, I'd just been on the phone with my mom earlier in the day, and saying that although Hayden is the BEST baby I've ever had and I'm madly in love with her, I've felt a little resentful lately because I feel like I'm just getting crapped on all the time. Literally and figuratively. 4th of July, she poops all over me. Our family goes to the rodeo, baby throws up on me and cries through most of the event, so I miss it. Dennis and I go to the movies last week, Hayden poops up her back (and on me again) and then fusses for a good hour so I am standing out in the hall and miss half the movie. You get the idea. There was not much more Dennis could have done in any of those situations other than what he was doing, but sometimes I still feel a little angry that he gets to have fun while I deal with...crap. Anyway, all I'm saying is this mini-break came at the perfect time and was VERY appreciated. Better than flowers any day! Thanks, Honey!
So, Dennis had the kids out for about 2 1/2 hours, I finished my book, and for the most part I really enjoyed it. There were certainly some parts of the story that surprised me, and all-in-all I was happy with it. I love a good ending. These are definitely books I'll be reading through again in a couple of years.
Now, the count down until the Twilight movie comes out in December! I am leaving my little poop-leaker at home for that one.
4 comments:
Awww, how great of Dennis to take the girlies for you! I am hoping for a vacation so I can read all the books, I havent read a single one, lame I know! :)
I am so jealous you got the book, they are sold out here in NC!
We need to start taking a head count of how many of us want to see the movie and all go see it together! Sounds like Heather H. has some reading to do first
Lisa, I think that would be so much fun!
Yea, Heather! You better get reading. I have all the books if you need to borrow... :)
Post a Comment