Friday, August 8, 2008

Day at the Zoo...

It's been so hot lately that Dennis and I have been waiting for the "perfect" day to take the kids to the zoo. When we woke up today to clouds and sprinkles, and the weather forecast predicted clouds and cooler temperatures all day, we decided today was the day!

We left around noon and I kid you not, as soon as we got there the clouds disappeared, the sun came out, and the temperature rose at least 10 degrees. So much for our perfect plan!

The zoo has a merry-go-round now! You'd think after all the fairs we've been to this year the kids would be sick of them, but it was one of their favorite things. Of course.





After seeing a few animals and riding the merry-go-round, we went to the bird show. Kaiya and Emmie saw the bird show with their aunt and uncle last year, but I've never see it before. We all loved it! They brought out some amazing birds, and it was really entertaining.



Unfortunately, in the middle of the show Claire was standing and jumping up and down, and somehow fell down onto the next row of people. She skinned her knee, her arm, and bonked her chin pretty hard! Poor baby! She was sobbing, and like the excellent parents we are we promised her ice cream if she'd be quiet for the rest of the show. It worked! I love bribery. Here are pictures of a couple of her "owie's" as well as a picture of her telling the story of her "big big fall down" when we got home...







Kaiya's favorite animal is the giraffe. This poor little guy spent forever stretching his tongue out trying to reach a leaf off the tree. He finally got it (people were actually cheering for him!) and then proceeded to choke on part of the branch that he ate as well. Kaiya was very worried about him.



Poor Hayden did not have much fun. I think she's officially sick of us dragging her around and would rather be home for a while. Good thing school starts in less than 2 weeks. Life has to calm down then, right?



Emmie is taking her role as big sister very seriously lately. I love it...



On the way out we stopped for cotton candy (hello, why else would I go?) and had to take the customary train ride. Just as we were leaving the clouds started rolling back in and the over-cast day we'd hoped for reappeared!







The girls were all tuckered out on the way home. Three of the four fell sound asleep. Kaiya took it upon herself to make up for the silence by talking non-stop the entire trip back.





All-in-all a pretty good day. Even with the little problems that pop up along the way, I always enjoy seeing my girls having fun together. Anyway, that's another summer thing we've wanted to do checked off our list! Now it's time for me to do back-to-school shopping for Kaiya. I think I'll enjoy that. Anything that involves shopping and air conditioning sounds great at this point.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of Claire showing off her cute round tummy! Why is it so not cute when the rest of us do it??

I love the new family picture on your header. You guys are all so gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

How is it that you can consistantly leave the house looking so fabulous all of the time!?! Not only that, but your girls too! You're gonna have to give me lessons.... And after that, teach me how you keep your house so clean too. You're just so amazing!

And that new family picture is stunning. Just picture perfect!

Anonymous said...

Well we already know her secret. She has those little "live-in" hair stylists to make everyone gorgeous before leaving the house. Tarin, you really should hire them out. Pay for their college tuitions!

Heather said...

First of all I just love the new pictures of your family. They turned out adorable! I love all of the zoo pics too. It looks like you all had a really fun time!

JDS said...

Cute new picture on the front of the blog. Your girls are so beautiful!

Katie said...

Sounds like a fun day. We've been wanting to go too, but you're right . . . way too hot!!!

Sherrie said...

Funny, we were going to go to the zoo that morning, but didn't go because of the rain. Sorry you couldn't come with us shopping, we missed you!

Paulette said...

Wonderful new pictures! Tell the girls that Aunt Funny Lady looks at their pictures every single day.

Ginn Family said...

Lokks like you had alot of fun. We,ve been wanting to go to the zoo, somehow we just never get around to it.