Sunday, March 30, 2008

Young Women's Conference

As soon as my shower was done, I ran home, changed, and went with a couple of our Young Women to the Young Women's Conference in Salt Lake City. Being there at the Conference Center was such a fun experience; it's just a completely different feeling being there rather than just watching the broadcast on tv. Seeing our new prophet and his councelors, and seeing the love the women in the YW General Presidency really do have for all the girls was very humbling.

The speakers were all wonderful, and I've been thinking all day how lucky I am that I got to be there. It was initially something I was feeling stressed about; it was one more thing to do during a very busy Saturday. But, it was so nice to sit in a meeting with so many fellow YW leaders and Young Women. I really feel that this calling, with all its ups and downs, has been extra meaningful to me knowing that I am raising three (almost four) little girls that will be the age of these young women before I know it. As I watched the YW Choir they had assembled sing one of many beautiful songs during the Conference, there was a spirit about so many of those girls that took my breath away. Their faces were shining with happiness and light, and all I kept thinking was, "Wow, I want my girls to look that way. I want my girls to know who they are, to have that kind of confidence, and to find joy in the gospel and in doing good." What more could I ask for as a mother?

I know this Conference was geared toward the Young Women, but I got a lot out of it too. The spirit there was so strong and unifying, and I feel a renewed sense of purpose in the craziness of raising little girls. The day to day can get so frustrating, but I know why I'm here and I know why I do what I do. Nothing in the world will ever be more important to me than being a mother, and each one of my girls is the greatest blessing of my life. This is all that really matters and I only have one chance to get it right. I'm blessed to have had this little pick-me-up yesterday that gave me a first-hand view of what my girls can be someday.

4 comments:

Heather H said...

That was really well said, you are a great mom to your little girls!

Unknown said...

I love being in YW with you, you've taught me so much already and I love being around you. You are a wonderful mother with such a strong testimony and your girls are absolutely gorgeous! You are doing a wonderful job!

Sally said...

I got chills reading your entry! Thanks for sharing! Maybe someday I will be lucky to be in YW, since I also have 3 girls...but I do love primary.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog!!

Sally said...

Hi again, so since you're new to blogging I've got to "tag" you! Go to my blog and under Feb. archive go under "Tagged" for instructions. Have fun!