Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Easter Weekend
























What a great Easter weekend we had!

Saturday morning our family colored Easter eggs together. The girls loved it and were great helpers making the eggs glittery. Saturday afternoon we went to a friends house from our old ward. A bunch of us got together with all our kids, ate yummy food, and the kids did a big Easter egg hunt together. They had a blast, and it's always so fun for Dennis and I to catch up with everyone. Thanks for the invite, Sean and Stephanie!

Our friends even let their pet bunny loose so the kids could play with the "real" Easter bunny. My girls thought that was great fun! Claire got a hold of one of the bunny's carrots and ate it before we even noticed what she was doing. I decided to just be glad she got some kind of vegetable in her system to even out all the candy intake.


Sunday night my side of the family came over for Easter dinner. While we waited for dinner to cook (yes, I was running a little behind) we let the girls do another egg hunt in the backyard. Claire had finally really figured out what this Easter egg stuff is about, and was out there in the yard trying to get some open and eat the candy out of them. Once their hunt was done, we ate dinner (and the yummy dessert Dennis made) and relaxed for a while. It was a perfect, calm Easter weekend complete with lots of fun with friends and family!



P.S. Thanks to Dennis for helping me remember when to put what in the oven, when to take things out, and helping to alleviate my panic at not being able to find the camera (which was hanging off my wrist the whole time). My brain is officially gone and he's being very patient!









3 comments:

Heather said...

So random comment...did you make the cute little pink and green aprons that your girls are wearing?

Tarin said...

Heather - No, I didn't make the aprons, but Nicole did. I have no sewing talents whatsoever. I bought them from Nicole last year for little art projects and things. They've come in very handy.

Sally said...

I love your blog! Cutest family picture!!