Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring!


I don't know what it is, but today was just the best day ever. The girls were little sweethearts this morning and even did their best to clean up from breakfast while I got dressed and ready for the day. They were anxious to get going because I'd told them it's finally nice enough I thought we could spend some time outside. We spent a couple of hours in the backyard together swinging on the swings, and playing on the slide and in the sandboxAs soon as they were done with naps, (during which Kaiya read me SEVEN books and practiced piano) we were back outside and took a nice, long walk. Then they had a little friend over and played some more together in the backyard.


I don't know if it's the sunshine, the blue sky, the time outside, or just having a really great day with the girls, but I haven't felt this content in a long time. I wish every day could feel this good. I'm just loving life and loving my girls. I feel very blessed.

On a different note, I have recently realized that my little Claire is getting out of bed (naps and bedtime) cleaning up any toys that are left in her room, and then getting back in to bed. I even left a few toys out on the floor as an experiment the other day, and when I came back in to get her after her nap, things were all cleaned up. Leave it to me to have an 18-month old child with OCD. Crazy.

Emmie just taught us a wonderful Family Home Evening tonight. She was so excited to be a big girl and teach her very first lesson, and she did a great job. She's becomming so independent and growing up so quickly!

Kaiya gave me a little boost for the old self-esteem today. I was sitting outside with the girls this afternoon, and she and her friend from across the street were in the sandbox pretending to cast magic spells on each other and making special "potions". Kaiya brought me a cup full of sand and said, "Here Mommy, this will help you be a better mommy." I replied, "How could I possibly be a better mommy than I already am, Kaiya? You've just had a wonderful day!" (Of course this was said with sarcasm that was completely lost on my five year old.) She got a thoughtful look on her face and then while gesturing in the general area of my face said, "Well, it will at least help you get rid of all those wrinkles." I hurridly proceded to "drink" the potion. I'll let you know if it helps keep all these wrinkles at bay.

No comments: