Friday, November 14, 2008

Disney on Ice...





Kaiya and Emmie both have birthday's next week, so instead of doing a friends party (which I was, frankly, dreading) Dennis had the idea to take them to Disney on Ice. We told them that this is their birthday party, and thankfully they were perfectly content with it! We'll be doing a family party next week, but that's it.



They didn't know where they were going until they were already there (and yes, we let Claire tag along) but they absolutely loved it! When I asked Kaiya what she thought tonight she said, "It was pretty much the best night of my life." Wow!



Emmie kept talking about every single princess she saw there, and generally loved it, but was sad at the very end because she "really really really wanted to give Minnie Mouse a hug." She was a little depressed that she didn't get to hang out with the characters...



Claire was talking very fast in her unique little jibberish so I could only catch about every fourth word.

Me: Claire, did you have fun tonight?

Claire: SYES! Jabber jabber jabber PINCESS! Jabber jabber jabber MICKEY MOUSE! Jabber Jabber PAH-CORN! She obviously loved it. Very cute.

I'm so glad Dennis had the idea and got these tickets for the girls! It was the perfect surprise and they all loved it. I'm so glad they had fun, and most especially glad that I think I can slide by without a friends party this year. I'm sorry, but with everything else going on it was just feeling REALLY stressful to me. So, I'm relieved, the kids had fun, everyone's happy. Ta da!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Great birthday idea! Birthday parties are highly over-rated! Dawn went to see Disney on Ice yesterday too. Happy birthday, girls! I'll talk to you on your special days. Grandma

Sally said...

I love when the kids don't have friend parties, it's way too much work for me and expensive! What a great idea!