Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The calm before the storm...

I find myself with nothing very important to do (yay!) so I thought I'd do a quick update before all the family is here. Dennis' dad and step-mom arrive this afternoon, and his mom and step-dad will be here tomorrow!

Claire and Emmie are asleep, and Kaiya is playing at a friends house. I spent all day Monday deep-cleaning the house, and now today all I really need to do is get a couple of loads of laundry done, and get the always-present finger prints and drool off the tv and sliding glass door. I have my massive "Things to Have Done by the End of April" list almost completed, which is cause for major celebration in my world. I love crossing things off to-do lists. I've done all the crazy stuff I've been putting off like cleaning out all the closets, organizing all our little girls clothes, washing all the sheets and towels, and yesterday I even finally packed a hospital bag. I think I'm pretty much set. It feels good.

Kaiya and Emmie are so excited to see both sets of grandparents from Virginia. They can't quit talking about it, and asking how much longer until they are here. I told Kaiya today that she may miss a pre-school field trip tomorrow morning to spend time with her grandparents instead. She goes, "Awww, I really wanted to go on that field trip!" Then she thought things over and said, "It will kind of be like my own special field-trip with Papa Bugga and Nannie anyway, right?" I assured her that if she does end up missing her field trip we will do something very fun with Papa and Nannie. She's been making big plans ever since. Papa might not know what hit him.

I had my 37 week appointment at the midwives this morning. It is surreal to me that I'm 37 weeks along! I think Kaiya and Emmie may even be more anxious than I am at this point! Emmie said to me this morning, "Only two or free (three) more Primary's 'til Hayden's here, right? Dat not too bad. She sure gonna lub me!"

Claire was being a little pill about taking a nap yesterday, and now I know why. She took forever to go to sleep, and then I could hear over the monitor tossing and turning during her entire nap. Here's what I found when I went in to get her up....

3 comments:

Heather H said...

Too funny about Claire! Yay for your families coming to visit, I hope you get sometime to relax!

Heather said...

So cute!! I love the piles of books on the bed! What a sweetheart!

Sally said...

I love how Emmie talks! Have fun with your family and congrats on being so organized and prepared!!