Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kaiya's Field Trip...

Kaiya spent a couple of weeks begging me to go on her upcoming field trip with her. It's not that I didn't want to go, but I kept trying to explain to her that the field trip was a few hours long, and it just wasn't worth all the arrangements I'd have to make. I knew I'd have to find sitters for Claire and Hayden (and most of my friends that would normally take them were already going on the field trip too) and also find a sitter for Zoey. It's always awkward to ask someone to watch the child that I am supposed to be watching all day - so I generally just stick close to home.

Kaiya got smart and went behind my back and had a chat with her dad. She was so persuasive that she convinced him to work from home the morning of her field trip and watch the kids for me so I could come with her. What a smart little girl. :) I told Dennis that since she'll probably be embarrassed to even have me around in a couple of years, I better take advantage now.

So we went to Thanksgiving Point and walked through the tulip gardens with the whole 3rd grade. The gardens were beautiful, and I really enjoyed it. The best part were the little friends of Kaiya's I got to meet. Kids her age are so hilarious!

One little boy in particular came up to me and said, "Why, hello. I'm The Ladies Man." Waaa? This kid is in the THIRD GRADE, mind you. When he said that, Kaiya replied, "Yea, it's true. He really is." He chased her and her little friend, Maddy, all through the gardens on and off throughout the entire tour. Kaiya played along and ran away shrieking. Her friend looked him right in the eye and said, "I will punch you." He wisely left her alone after that. They were a riot.

I love you, Kaiya. You are growing up before my very eyes. I had a great time on your field trip, and hope you always want me around. You are such a sweetheart!

Kaiya and Maddy had a ball posing like models...






Kaiya...





In case anyone is dying of curiosity, "Ladies Man" is in the blue sweatshirt. Be still, my heart...





I think one of their favorite parts was rolling down this giant hill...




Flowers...



No comments: