Monday, March 23, 2009

Bedtime Story...

I had already brushed their teeth, sang a song, had them say prayers, AND read a silly poem - but tonight Kaiya and Emmie were still begging for a made-up story. They are lucky I was desperate to avoid the mess in my kitchen and decided to humor them. Lately they love for me to make up stories where they are both princesses and live in a pink castle with purple walls. To make the stories vary each night, I've had to get a little creative. Here's the synopsis of tonight's story (minus all the silly voices and pointless conversation):

Princess Kaiya and Princess Emily were walking through the forest when a huge dragon flew down from the sky and said he was hungry and he was going to eat them! Princess Kaiya and Princess Emily decided they'd each run in a different direction to confuse the dragon, and instead of chasing them the dragon sat down in the middle of the forest and started crying giant dragon tears because he was so hungry. After much deliberation, Princess Kaiya and Princess Emily invite the dragon to come to their castle and promise him all the food he can eat. So, they ride on his back all the way to the pink castle, and waiting there to play is Prince Dallin and Prince Luke! Princess Kaiya and Princess Emily have a feast with the dragon and their friends and they all play together and live happily ever after. Blah blah blah.

After telling me what they thought of the story, asking what color the dragon was, how high he can fly, and why he didn't eat at his own house, Emmie all of a sudden jumped out of her bed and started running around her room like wild person.

Emmie said, "I like Pwince Luke, but he pwitty cwazy in pwimawy! He wun awound and awound like 'dis and laugh like 'dis (crazy laugher) and den he..." and BAM, she ran into a wall and fell down laughing hysterically.

From the bunk up above, Kaiya said in a very grown-up voice, "Oh, Emmie. You crack me apart."

Crack me up, maybe?

4 comments:

JM said...

LOL That's hilarious. I need to start posting the funny stuff like that. I always forget before I post. Thanks for a good laugh at work!

Anonymous said...

Emmie's little voice cracks me apart too!

Nik said...

Oh we heard all about how crazy pwince Luke is in primary too! The made up stories are the ones I remember most from my childhood... what a good momma!

Jillyn Whitehead said...

Maybe the dragon wasn't really crying because he was hungry. Maybe he was crying because he was overwhelmed and stressed out about an upcoming surgery and he was only eating the princesses to cope with his fear... Thank goodness he has such great friends!