Monday, March 16, 2009

Primary Talent Show '09...

Kaiya and Emmie were so excited to participate in this years Primary Talent Show. They both did a great job!



First, as promised, Emmie did her "turns". I've pulled her out of gymnastics because of the craziness of the last couple of months, but I've promised her she can start back up in the summer. She misses it. At least she's keeping up her skills at home on her handy-dandy 'nastics mat!



Then Kaiya played "Called To Serve" on the piano. It was supposed to be a duet, but as we were practicing the night before, Kaiya said, "Mom, I think I'm just going to do it by myself." I was dissed by my six-year-old. She did an excellent job on her own, and I was so proud of her getting up to play in front of all of those people! I had horrible stage fright at her age, so I'm hoping if she keeps doing this kind of thing she'll never realize how terrifying it is. ;)

You see the AWESOME sign in the background of this picture? That was done by all 37 of my Activity Day's girls - with markers and finger paints. It's true. And I lived to tell the tale...



6 comments:

Sherrie said...

I was sad I missed the turns! Emma decided last minute that she didn't want to participate which also meant she didn't want to go watch. There's always next year!

Karissa Kay said...

How cute! I wish we could've seen it. and 37 activity days girl?! In just your ward? That's insane! I think our ward has about 1 or maybe 2.

Heather H said...

Awww, how sweet are they?!! And that poster is very impressive!

Sally said...

Your girls are so cute and ALL so talented! I'm sad I missed the Talent show...totally dropped the ball this year...

Mommy said...

I wish I could have seen the talent show. The girls are going to have to perform for me next month when I come out. Do you think I can persuade them to?! They're adorable.

Paulette said...

When can Kaiya teach me how to play the piano? I don't know that I could do twists and turns with Emmie, but I could try!

Great pictures, and the banner was fabulous. You are a brave woman.