We went to one of the first showings out here yesterday, and it was almost as good as the first time I saw it. I really enjoyed seeing Dennis' reactions, and he enjoyed it just as much as I'd hoped he would. He's certainly heard enough of the music around the house this past year to know part of the story, but he was surprised by some of the twists and turns and how creative the story line is. We both loved it.
After seeing the play, we went to dinner at "The Roof" in the Joseph Smith Building. Dennis had been agonizing for days over where we should go (since he's been so good lately and this was one night where he planned to let go and enjoy food) and we both finally decided we couldn't resist going to The Roof, mainly because we love all the yummy desserts. The crem brule is always SOOOO good! I was nearly sick after dinner, but somehow recovered just enough to down a bunch of stuffed french toast for breakfast this morning.
We stayed overnight in SLC, and this morning we went to Park City to do a little shopping. I've decided if I could eat good food and shop every day, life would be pretty near perfect. Just as I said, "Dennis, I am never going to eat again", I saw a Mrs. Fields store and said, "Hmmm, I could eat a cookie." So, we each got a cookie for brunch/lunch/whatever it was. We got a few things for the girls and a few things for ourselves, and had such a nice time just walking around and enjoying each other's company WITHOUT any kids needing our constant attention. I haven't felt that relaxed in a long time!
All in all, it was the perfect little break before Easter weekend! Loved it!!!
7 comments:
So so jealous!
Sounds fun-glad you could get away!
I am so insanely jealous and yet so insanely happy for you! Glad you could enjoy such a great trip.
What an awesome trip! I am jealous too! You guys are so cute!
You both deserved a break. I'm sending warm thoughts your way.
I'm glad you were able to have such a fun and relaxing getaway!!!! I totally agree about shopping and eating without kids!
Sounds like fun! See you soon.
Post a Comment