A couple of days into the break, my little sister was kind enough (or crazy enough) to come with us to Chuck E Cheese. The girls adore her, and I REALLY appreciated her help. That killed a couple of hours, and then we went and bought some lunch and took it back to grandma's house.
Here are some Chuck E Cheese highlights...
A couple of days later, we again drove out to my mom's house (can you tell that grandma took pity on us?) for an afternoon o' shopping. We got all of the girls some new sandals, and we got Kaiya a few new outfits for the warmer weather that I am sure is just around the corner!
Now, I am not a big fan of character apparel. I generally don't let my children wear anything with any characters on it - other than pajamas - simply because I don't like it. My little Hayden is OBSESSED with Dora the Explorer, and once some silver Dora sandals caught her eye, and once she realized they had lights on them as well, she was hooked. She was hugging them to her face and cried every time I tried to coax them away. I still don't know if it's because I love my baby very much and she's spoiled rotten, or because she's my fourth and I'm just beaten down and exhausted, but Hayden left the store with those sandals. She then proceeded to wear them for more than 48 solid hours (yes, even to bed). The night we bought them I found her upstairs, in the dark, lying on the floor with her legs above her head and slapping her own feet so she could see the sandals light up. Ah, the simple pleasures.
By Friday it had warmed up enough to take the kids outside - so I coaxed Dennis into leaving early from work so we could spend and afternoon at my favorite park with the girls.
They had SUCH a good time, and so did I! Hayden was especially fun to watch, because she is completely fearless. There is an area for 2 - 5 year olds that she quickly grew tired of, because she wanted to move on to the slide that had a drop at the bottom taller than she is. She'd fall off the end every single time, stand up and brush the wood chips off her sweater while saying, "Yuck, yuck yuck" under her breath, and then laugh and go straight back up the steps for another go-round. She could have spent an entire day there. We need to go back SOON.
In the car on the way home from the park, I gave each of the girls a small sucker. A VERY small sucker. Somehow Hayden always turns a small treat into a very large mess...
At the end of our week, Dennis and I got a babysitter (thanks, True!) and went to the Real Salt Lake soccer game. I won tickets from one of our very good friends in the ward who is a realtor, and we were super-excited to go with them to another game. We had a blast, as usual, and Real tied it up in the last three second of the game! It was very intense. As an added bonus, our local American Idol star, David Archuletta, was there to sing at half-time. It was a little embarrassing to see our friend, Packer, get so emotional at seeing one of his greatest hero's, but we still really enjoyed the performance. Thanks so much for letting us join you, Suxo's! Dennis and I needed a night out!
We survived "spring" break, and now I'm ready for it to feel more spring-like! Or maybe we should just skip straight to summer...
2 comments:
The paragraph about the sandels I could have written my self a couple of year ago but changed only two miner things. The girls name to Maddie and the Character to Disney Priness. The hugging, the last child, the wearing of them for two days, everything.
We were at the game too. It was amazing! Loved that little boy singing with David!
Post a Comment