Saturday, May 10, 2008

Still waiting...

What does this baby need, an official eviction notice? I know I'm not quite to my due date yet, but seriously these last few days have been ridiculous. I'm having so many strong contractions and so much pressure, it's almost all I can think about. On top of being exhausted from lack of sleep and incredibly uncomfortable, I feel like I'm a horrible mom to the kids I do have. Kaiya had to beg and plead just to get me to walk around the neighborhood with her for about 20 minutes today because I knew it would hurt, and darn it, I'm TIRED. The shooting pains down my legs and in my back are almost constant. I am so done with this.

I'm not going to lie, I'm really having to gear myself up for church tomorrow. I know several people will make comments, and the way I am right now I know I'll probably come home and have a good cry. Plus it's Mother's Day and that means a Sacrament Meeting with speakers telling stories of wonderful, perfect, amazing mothers all while I'm currently feeling like the worst mother EVER. I would love to just stay home and wallow, but that would get the rumor started that I'm in labor and that's the last thing I need!

Okay, obviously the reason I haven't posted in a while is I'm a whiney, emotional mess. Enough of that for now. I know baby will come when baby is ready, but in the mean time I hope she knows that Mommy is BEYOND ready.

We had a family get-together at my aunt's house this afternoon. The girls got to see grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and had a great time! They were so sad to leave. I think they really enjoyed getting out of the house and having a change of pace after how boring the last few days must have been for them. They really are such good, sweet little girls. When I actually take a step back and breathe, I know that I am SO lucky to have what I have. It was so fun to see them have fun.

To top the night off, one of my aunts said, "Well, you sure must be ready for that baby to come. I look at your stomach and think, wow, it just can't get much bigger than that!"

Thank you. Hence the switch to water-proof mascarra the last few days.

5 comments:

Sarah H. said...

OH, I feel for you. I really wish there were something I could do for you to get that baby here. I know what you mean about all the comments. I think that sometimes people just don't know what to say.

I think as a pregnant woman you are aloud to cry anytime you want, annoying as it may be sometimes. Since having kids the waterproof mascara comes in handy. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Tarin, I am so sorry for what I said to you today! I feel like the worst friend ever! Come on over and have Steve push some pressure points and maybe massage that baby right on out of you! If nothing else, maybe it will help relieve the pain. And I'll come and get the girls again this week for helping to make you cry.

Tarin said...

Jenelle, oh please, you were just fine today. Really. Now that I've vented everyone is going to be scared to talk to me at all, huh? That includes Dennis, I think. :)

Heather said...

I still think that you are the cutest pregnant lady around. You always look so pulled together. Plus, you just wait until you see me at nine months. I promise I will be much much bigger than you. You look so great!!

Sally said...

It is SO hard the last month! Sad part for me is that people start making comments when I am 6 months!! Yeah, asking me if I'm having twins, telling me that I have the biggest belly they have ever seen, then I tell them I have 4 months to go...

Hang in there! Venting is totally fine! I agree with Heather, you are the cutest!