So, the recovery from having this baby has definitely been harder than the others. I can't believe how exhausted I feel, and feeling this tired certainly starts to get depressing. I am lucky enough to have some amazing friends that are keeping my spirits up, and I love them for it. It would be really easy to ignore me right now (considering the fact that I've become a shut-in), but I've had a constant stream of phone calls, text messages, people bringing meals, people inviting my kids to come play, and friends just dropping by to chat.
I had a friend today that invited the kids and I over to have a picnic in her backyard. She knew today was the first day of Dennis being back at work, and she called first thing in the morning offering to take the kids or have us over. It might seem dumb, but that little picnic meant a LOT to me. It gave me a reason to get dressed and get out in the beautiful weather and enjoy some adult conversation.
Not only did this sweet friend invite us over AND make us lunch, but another neighbor called her while I was there just to make sure that someone was helping with my kids for the day. She knew this friend had planned to take them for a while and wanted to make sure that had happened, because she was getting ready to call me and offer to help if no one else had. She ended up coming over with her girls as well and the three of us had a wonderful time. The kids all played together so well, and I felt so relaxed and so glad not to be stuck in my house.
I don't know if these ladies know what today meant to me, but I was pretty stressed about my first real day of going at it alone, and they saved me. I'm so blessed to have so many great friends.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Good friends are a precious thing! I am glad that your first day solo went well!
Tarin,
Are you up to field trips? If yes, please let me know and I will call ya!
I take the girls somewhere different everyday of the week. I have a membership to the kid's museum at the Gateway and I can bring 3 extra people in for free. I go there once a week.
I completely understand where you are at. Sadly, my baby blues turned into full on PPD. It was the cherry on the ice cream...since I already suffer from clinical depression...
So, one of my things is getting out of the house...even if it means I am chasing kids...it helps me!
Please let me know and you can join me in my outings...
Post a Comment