Monday, May 12, 2008

A Better Day...

I decided this morning that the girls deserve a special day just for having to deal with me this past week, so I told them we could go to Chuck E. Cheese. On top of that I obviously know that I need to quit feeling sorry for myself and just enjoy my life! My entire goal for the day was to have fun with the girls, and so far it has been REALLY nice! Right now they are all napping after our eventful morning...and I'm blogging instead of folding laundry.

Emmie loved this ride...Claire not so much -





Kaiya and Emmie were surprisingly competitive while playing air hockey. Kaiya even had a little happy dance she did every time she scored a point -



Here is Kaiya posing in front of Chuck E. Cheese. The other kids wouldn't go up there because they were too scared of the dancing creatures -



Here's Emmie's face after telling me she's "too 'cared" to stand by Chuck E. for a picture -



The girls riding the train -



After Chuck E. Cheese we went to Cafe Rio to grab salads (yum!) and then took them to Grandma's house to eat. The girls thought between Chuck E. Cheese and ANOTHER visit to Grandma's house, they were in heaven. We were just there last night for Mother's Day dinner, so they've been spoiled.

Emmie and Claire both zonked out on the way home, and Kaiya asked if she could "rest" on the couch as soon as we got home. She refuses to say she needs a nap because they're for little kids, but says sometimes she just needs to rest and close her eyes for a minute. Whatever makes her feel better about it. :)

Anyway, it was a lovely morning. I got to enjoy the girls, they were all really well behaved and really happy to do something fun. We have a few tokens left over, so Kaiya has already asked if we can go back next Monday. I'm hoping I'll be taking care of a newborn by next Monday, but you just never know! We might have to make this a weekly thing until baby arrives.

5 comments:

JDS said...

See, now that sounds like fun! If you need Mark or I to have the girls for a little bit on the weekend let us know.

Heather said...

Glad to hear that your spirits have had a boost! What a great idea to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese.

Sherrie said...

You should still go and get a pedicure, even if it doesn't start your labor at least you get to relax a little.

Sally said...

You are such a good mom!!

Sarah H. said...

It's nice to take your mind off of "things" for a little bit. I always do something else to avoid folding laundry, especially when the boys are napping.:) It was fun to chat with you last night at YW.