The biggest news is that one week ago (on May 16th) Hayden turned two years old! I find it hard to belive that my baby is now officially NOT a baby anymore. We did her birthday party a few days after her actual birthday, mainly because her Grandma Susan was coming into town and we wanted her to be a part of it. Everyone obviously knows Hayden very well, because EVERY present was Dora-related. She is a tad obsessed. She had a great time and I'm so grateful to the friends and family that made it a fun and special day.
A few weeks ago, we went to Kaiya's school "free skate night". The kids get to take skates or scooters to the rink and they always have a great time. I like to get there right on time before all the crowds come, so determined that the girls and I would pick Dennis up at the freeway entrance on his way home from work and head out.
I made the girls dinner to eat in the car (tuna fish sandwiches, a detail that may not seem important now, but you'll understand in a bit). They ate while we drove, and we were all looking forward to a fun night. Kaiya, especially, was jabbering the whole way there and couldn't WAIT.
About two miles before we arrived, Hayden barfed ALL OVER herself and the van. Tuna. Fish. Sandwich. Dennis and I were both gagging in the front seat just from the stench. We debated just heading back home and forgetting about the whole plan, which made Kaiya start bawling. Then I called a couple of friends in the ward to see if anyone hadn't left yet and would run in our house and grab Hayden some new clothes. Everyone had already left. SO, Dennis dropped Hayden and I off at a Target, where I proceeded to bath her with a mixture of hand soap, tap water, and baby wipes, and then purchased her a new outfit. She ended up being fine after that (I think she may have just gotten car sick) and we all had a fun night. I just dreaded driving home in the tuna-fish-puke van, but we made it.
Moving on to Mother's Day...
Mother's Day this year was a special one because we got to talk to my brother, Trent, who is serving a mission in Orlando, Florida. The girls were very excited to talk to him, which made it extra sad that Kaiya woke up that morning feeling really sick. She stayed up in her room most of the day, but still got to have a little chat with her Unc.
Even my grandma and grandpa came. It is always good to see them.
My dad and his dad...
My dad and his mom...
My mom, arranging our delicious KFC feast...
My sister, Shannon, and Trent's "special friend", Katie...
My brother, Jared, with his cute little girl, Katelyn...
Happy Katelyn...
Hayden...
Kissin' cousins...
Cute husband...
Dueling cameras...
Troy a.k.a. Ted Bundy...
Troy telling me another one of his SUPER interesting anecdotes...
Oh, Claire...
Jooj and his cute family...
Grandma and Hayden having a chat...
It's not a party 'til someone gets naked and starts trying everyone elses shoes on...
My mom made these cupcakes - aren't they awesome?...
How I spent all of Mother's Day...the calories don't count on Mother's Day or birthdays or anniversaries or national holidays or weekends, right?
A week ago, we went on a little two-day trip with some friends to a "cabin". The cabin was massive, and it really was the perfect little break from real life for us AND the kids. We had a great time. Thanks SO much for the perfectly-timed little getaway!
And last but not least, our newest little niece arrived just a couple of weeks ago. Ali is gorgeous and perfect and we have LOVED being able to see her hold her these past couple of weeks. Isn't she the cutest little person you've ever seen? Congratulations, Tim and Mary Susan!
I think that's as caught up as I can get. When I woke up to SNOW this morning I decided it was a good day to stay in, close all the blinds, and spend some quality time with the computer. I better go get the house clean now - and I may even have to shovel the sidewalks while I'm at it. You gotta love late May in Utah.
4 comments:
I always love seeing the updates! The pictures are so fun to see.
Cute pics! It's good to see that my family is not the only one with the "KFC" for mother's day tradition.:)
Did the tuna smell ever go away?! I HATE tuna and Sydney loves to eat it ALL the time, I can't stand the smell in my sink or on the can opener, so I don't even want to imagine your poor car!
And I want a vacation in that cool cabin!
My baby is so cute! Those cupcakes your mom made look awesome!
Post a Comment