Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ah, there it is!

All of you mom's out there know that it's amazing how incredibly different each child is! Although I love and enjoy each of my girls, I've always looked at Emmie and wondered what characteristics are from ME. She looks like her daddy from her big, Smallwood lips down to her unusually wide feet. She hates reading and sitting still (which I love), and is quite physically coordinated (which I am not). She is constantly loud (I love quiet), and she gets over things quickly (I don't).

I've loved watching Emmie grow up these past few years, if for nothing else than she is always surprising me. She tends to react to things in a way that I just wouldn't, and I find her very entertaining - most of the time.

Lately Emmie has gotten in to playing "Webkinz" on the computer. Her grandma gave her a couple of webkinz for Christmas and she has LOVED them. She wants to play every day, and is really getting quite good at a few of the games. On Webkinz you play games and do "jobs" to earn money. That money can be spent on clothes, food, furniture, and decorations for your pet and its rooms.

Emmie keeps running low on money, and I keep sitting down and playing a quick, easy game to get her more (yea yea, so I kind of enjoy it too). Today she was complaining, because she only had $1, and she wanted to buy another room for her froggy's house. I told her that she's going to have to play some games and save up her money if she wants a new room, and she seemed to understand.

Later this afternoon Emmie proudly showed me that she had nearly $200. I told her she just had to save a little bit more and would be able to buy the new room! I encouraged her to take a break from the computer and come back to it later.

I just barely came upstairs to once again find Emmie playing Webkinz - and she's back down to having only one dollar in her account. I asked if she'd bought her new room and she said, "Mommy, I tried and I tried to wait, but there was a very pretty shirt on sale for my froggy, and then I had to get her some shoes to match! And then there was this hat..."

I have finally found a similarity between myself and my daughter. Her poor future husband.

6 comments:

Field Family said...

Oh Tarin, thanks for the laugh. She is such a cute girl, just like her mom. So she is like you in more ways than you know. Too cute!!!

Heather H said...

Oh that is too funny!! And I think she is just as friendly as you are.

Sally said...

What a great story! Love it! You always have great stories!

Nik said...

Hilarious! I love Webkinz games too!

Karissa Kay said...

That is hilarious! I love it!

Katie said...

That is too funny! She is such a cute little girl!