We are so very thankful for all our family and friends that made this Christmas special. Most of what we decided to give our girls for Christmas this year was a new playroom - complete with a new tv, futon couch/bed, table and chairs, easel - and the best part of all, the beautiful mural on the wall. My amazingly talented friend Annie did that for us, and I think it's so much fun! So, we only got each girl one present to actually open. Thanks to their grandparents and Aunt, they certainly were not wanting for extra gifts to open on Christmas morning!
I decided to snap some photo's of the playroom on Christmas Eve night, before my little tornados claimed it as their own...
On Christmas morning, we all woke up bright and early (mommy got up extra EXTRA early to get food in the oven) and opened our stockings. The girls thought starting the day out with candy canes and bubble gum was most excellent. Emmie kept saying, "Mommy, it's Christmas, so I can eat all the candy I want, right mommy? 'Cause it's Christmas."
We then proceeded to open gifts. Hayden figured it out very quickly this year, and would start screaming and clapping as she opened each gift, before she even knew what was inside. She was so excited!
After the little girls opened gifts from us and our family in Virginia, and discovered their new playroom behind the door that has been locked for months, my parents and siblings came over for our traditional Christmas Brunch. After eating, the girls opened MORE gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, and got to talk to Uncle Trent on the phone and ask him all about how his mission is going. He kept bragging about his 70 degree weather. If I go missing, you can probably find me hiding out somewhere in Florida.
All of the girls got new vests from Grandma, and Hayden wanted to try hers on RIGHT then and there...
Then Hayden got a hold of a headband, and kept screaming at me that she was "pitty" until I relented and took her picture. She was very pleased with her beautiful self, as usual...
After a wonderful brunch, we cleaned up the house a bit and took some much-needed naps before heading to our aunt and uncle's house for Christmas Dinner. I was still stuffed from brunch, but somehow managed to eat again. It's one of my many talents.
Kaiya...
Emmie...
Claire...
Hayden (thanks for my new outfit, Papa and Nannie!)...
A big big BIG thank you to our parents and grandparents for their generosity to our family this Christmas, and for all the love, help, and support we've been given throughout this past year! We are so blessed and so thankful for each of you!
3 comments:
Can I come over and play in that room? It looks like so much fun! And how in the world do your girls wake up with perfect movie hair? I can't even get my girls to look that good after spending 30 minutes doing their hair. I'm gonna start sending them over there to get their hair done in the morning so people will stop thinking they are orphans.
What a fun room! Glad you had a nice Christmas!!
That is a beautiful mural in the room. Can she come over and paint my rooms?
Post a Comment