Kaiya is obsessed with having her own notebooks and pens and pencils lately, which is funny to me, because I remember being the same way at her age. I still love a pretty notebook of my very own.
Anyway, their grandma sent them Valentine's Day money and we took them out to let them all pick a little prize. Kaiya picked a 12-pack of mini notebooks and some new pencils - of course.
Today Kaiya ALWAYS seemed to be wherever I was. If it weren't for kindergarten in the morning, I don't know what I would have done. By the afternoon I asked her what she was doing and she replied nonchalantly, "Oh, just spying on you."
"Oh yea?" I said. "You getting some good stuff?"
Then she pulls out her notebook and starts flipping through it. Page upon page of her observations of me during the day - all very creatively spelled. I think I might just have Kaiya write the blog from now on; although then you may find out way more than you ever wanted to know.
I snuck her notebook (ha ha, I can be a spy too!) and here is my day in Kaiya's own words:
Kaiya's Spi Book
Chang dipres - Cler dishes - Cleen up
Puting milks away - Puting toys on the stairs
Pulling Hayden out undr the char
Sweping - Wiping - Getting Hayden toys
Cheking if shee has eemals
Looking at faysebook - Helping Hayden not cry
Puting litl kids to bed
Puting Hayden to bed - Leenning (apparently it was a very note-worthy lean)
Sing a song to clar - Sining a song to Emmie
Teling Emmie a story - Giving Emmie a cis
Mom doing londree
Mom geting me a show
Mom getting me a chreet
Mom going to take a nap
Mom seting a timer (so I'd wake up from my nap!)
Mom teeching peeano lessens
Mom teeching Makayla
Got Hayden out uv bed
Mom teeching uthr kids
Mom make dinr
Mom dishing the plats
Mom eet dinr
Mom eting spagete
Mom eting bred
Mom eting saled
Mom feed Hayden bred and jar uv food
Dad feed Clar
Dad tels me a secret
Mom play the peeano
I guess I have to quit beating my kids now - or it might be documented.
7 years ago
13 comments:
That is so funny! She is such a cute and bright little girl. I think it's funny that your child is keeping tabs on you. Guess I know where to go when I need to find something out about you!
It is totally the age. Noah and Zach both love to have their own notebook and pencils. Quite frankly I am sick of all of the random pencils everywhere, but they enjoy drawing...
What a great speller! I didn't have to try to figure out any of those words! I like the leaning note.
What a good mom! My page would say something like "Mom watching Burn Notice...again." (I love that guy).
Very cute.
I am impressed with the spelling actually, the words at least sound right if you sound them out, so you can tell what she is saying without asking. I still have 5th graders spelling worse than that! (ex: bleu=blue, eutiful=beautiful, withr=weather and my favorite, whent=that one depends on the child it is for either went or when)
How funny! Brynlee had here sign her name the other day before she could go into the room. I think it is so interesting what they come up with!!
So Cute! You should feel accomplished as that is a long list of things you did that day :)
Your girls are so adorable..
If my kids started writing down what I am eating I might actually be cured of my food addiction!
That is so cute!! And I agree she spells really well for her age. And you are a busy lady!
That is too cute! She is definately observant! You better watch out!
What a treasure! If you would cut out that leaning more, you might get more wiping done, though. At least it takes the pressure off of you to keep a journal!
I love it! You'll have to make sure that gets saved.
That's so awesome. You seemed quite productive all day, so that's impressive. I guess you can't be too lazy with 4 kids!
Post a Comment