Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Merry Christmas...

I was determined this year that Christmas wouldn't be such an over-done, crazy affair. I tend to go a little overboard getting the girls everything they want and everything I WANT them to want. This year, I got each child a new outfit, a nice new toy, a pillow pet, and some books or art supplies. And then the presents from Virginia arrived...

Not only did the girls get gifts from their aunt and great grandma in Virginia, but they got some huge things from Dennis mom, and a ridiculous amount of gifts from his father. When the box of presents from Virginia arrived on the doorstep, and it took Kaiya, Emmie AND myself to roll it into the house, they were crazy with excitement.

Anyway, we got up Christmas morning and opened gifts, and then my parents and siblings arrived for brunch, and round two of presents began! The girls had a fantastic Christmas, got everything they wanted and more, and we are so grateful to all of our VERY generous family.

That afternoon we also got to speak to my brother, who is currently serving a mission in Florida. It was great to hear his voice, and he certainly got an ear-full from the girls! This will be the last Christmas that he is away from home, and we can't wait to see him toward the end of this year.

We love our family so much, and we're so grateful to all of them for making this an unforgettable Christmas for us and the girls!

Here are a few pics from the big day:


Hayden gets most excited about the candy for breakfast...




Claire...



Emmie...




Hayden got a card that plays music from Kaiya...



Kaiya with her new digital camera from grandpa...



Claire with her new pillow pet...



Emmie with her new pillow pet...



Kaiya with hew new pillow pet...



Kaiya and her new jewelry set...



Emmie with her "real live baby". It was all she asked for and I didn't buy one, so I was very relieved that grandpa and nannie came through!...

3 comments:

Jenn and Paul said...

Oh I know how you feel. We get a big box from Nana and then the Aunties send gifts and Nana and Papou bring more when they come. Then Nana and Papou take them to the toy store and let them pick...well you get the picture! Looks like our girls got alot of the same stuff, (how funny Hailey got a digital camera this year too), pillow pets, baby alive, etc. Good luck finding a place for all of it!

Paulette said...

I was so excited to see the new pictures. They are wonderful. Please give all the girls a huge hug from Funny Lady.

Mary Susan said...

Yay! You guys are alive. We miss all of you. It looks like you had a great Christmas!