Here is a conversation I had with Kaiya while doing her hair a few mornings ago:
Kaiya: Mom, how do you know if a word is a swear?
Me: Well, I guess as you get older you just learn there are words you shouldn't say. If you think it's a bad word, you should probably just be safe and not say it.
She nodded her head as if this was all the explination she needed, and then a full minute later replied,
"I think I know seven."
I lost Hayden at Walmart today. I know, I know, hand over my mother-of-the-year award. Anyway, when I went to the front to get her, the nice Walmart lady was blowing up a balloon for her. When we got home and Emmie saw Hayden's balloon, she started whining.
Emmie: "Aww, why didn't you get me a balloon?"
Me: "I didn't buy that for Hayden. They gave it to her because she got lost."
Emmie: "She got lost? Where? What happened?"
After I told Emmie of our harrowing Walmart experience, she replied,
"Well, next time we're there, I'm going to try to get lost so I can get a free balloon too."
Great.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Too CUTE!!!!
At least you will know Emmie is lost on purpose....
Post a Comment