Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oremfest...

Just like we do every year, we headed over to "Oremfest" yesterday for some fun. My parents still live in Orem, and we lived there before moving here to Lehi, so I still consider myself one of them...sort of. Anyway, we debated not going this year because of the crazy weather, but decided to risk it. I think we all had a great time and were just happy to get out of the house!

I love my sweet little Claire. She's always so quiet, and while we were walking into the park she was helping me push the stroller and quietly whispering, "I gone have so much pun!" over and over. She was most excited about the giant slide, so that's what we had to do first. Of course, she didn't want to do it alone, so I got to join in the fun...







After that Kaiya and Emmie did the big swings, but Claire was scared of them and decided she'd prefer a train ride...







And here is poor little left-out Hayden sitting happily with her milk...



I stood in line with Claire for an hour (yes, an HOUR) for the ferris wheel while Dennis took the other girls around to various rides. Claire and I stood and ate a giant bag of cotton candy to help the time pass by.



Finally we were there! And we miraculously smooshed myself and the three girls in one seat...







Claire and Emmie on the motorcycles...





After we ran out of tickets, we walked around the merchant tents - and bought each of the girls a "princess crown". Here are my little princesses with their handsome prince...













At this point the storm was rolling in, and Hayden kept looking up the sky when there was thunder and dancing around with excitment. She did NOT get that from me!



After about three hours the kids had started getting tired and cranky, and Dennis and I debated whether or not to head home. Know what convinced us it was time to go? Not the rain, but THIS face...



It ended up being the perfect time to leave, because right after we got in the car, the rain began pouring down!

Poor Princess Emmie - all tuckered out with her crown over her eyes...

3 comments:

JDS said...

Wow, you both look great!

Mary Susan said...

I miss those cute little girls! We will have to do something soon!

Ginn Family said...

Looks like a fun day, I love going to the hometown festivals. I'm a Strawberry Days girl myself :)