Friday, May 29, 2009

Week in pictures...

This past Thursday was Kaiya's "Kindergarten Graduation Luau". She was adorable, as usual. I was glad I got to be there!

The studly guy on the left is Kaiya's crush - Dallin. She says they hold hands on the bus, when she's not sitting with Zach. Oh, the decisions!



Kaiya's kindergarten graduation party...



Over the three-day-weekend we spent some time in Southern Utah. We needed a change of scenery, and it was a perfect little break. The girls had fun!

Emmie fishing...



Kaiya and Emmie catch their first fish...



Enjoying the rope swing...







Emmie trying to catch me with her butterfly net...



Kaiya posing, as usual...



While in Southern Utah, we stopped in Parowan to visit with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was so fun to see them! We played at Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Steve's house, had ice cream sundae's, and also went to the cemetary where my grandma was recently burried. It was the perfect little visit. They always make us feel so loved and welcome.

Cousins Michelle, Melanie, Tarin, and Jennifer holding some of our various kiddos...



Hayden playing at Aunt Bonnie's house...



Hayden at the cemetary...



I'm tired!!!...



My cute Hayden...



I just can't get enough of her face...





While in Southern Utah we went to a guy's house that he has dedicated to his hunting expeditions. (You might want to skip over this part, Paulette). It was pretty amazing what he's done. I had to convince Claire that the animals were all asleep because she was scared to even go in.

Kaiya's reaction to her surroundings...



Stinky skunk!...



Emmie...



Daddy and Hayden...



Claire being a hippo...



Emmie...



Claire is a little concerned...



Last week, right before our little trip, was Emmie's preschool graduation. It was also the last day she had hair. That night after graduation she snuck into my room, found the scizzors and cut a large bald-spot into the side of her head. When I saw her in the morning, I started crying. It's going to take a good year for her to look normal again. I'm mostly over it now (because what can I do, really?) but it sure is sad! We've had quite the week!







Hayden cut most of her thumb-pad off last week, and since she wouldn't leave bandaids on, we ended up having to wrap her thumb and wrist so she'd leave it alone. It's healed incredibly quickly, but I got quite a few pittying looks walking around with my poor, damaged baby...



School is out, and June is almost here! I'm so glad that it's summer.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Your kids are so photogenic! Glad you are having some fun, besides the scissors incident! I've cried a few times over "haircuts".

Unknown said...

Wow Tarin, you've had a lot going on... I am glad you had a fun little weekend vacation though. Man, I am so not ready for those 'haircuts' I hear so much about. Right now I am just excited for Rachael's hair to grow long enough for me to play with :)